New single- and dual-socket servers for cloud, AI/ML, HPC, HCI, and enterprise applications—including up to 192 cores, up to 12TB of DDR5-4800MHz 12-lane memory, and up to 160 PCIe 5.0 lanes for Drive most advanced applications
San Jose, California, November 10, 2022 /PR Newswire/ — Super Micro (Nasdaq: SMCI), a provider of total IT solutions for cloud, AI/ML, storage and 5G/Edge, announced the addition of new 4-enabled servers to its already broad product line.th create AMD EPYC (Xiaolong) processor.These innovative Supermicro systems will change the way businesses analyze massive amounts of data, perform complex simulations, and reduce overall costs Title (TCO).Using a new server based on 4th create AMD EPYC (Xiaolong) processors, which set eight new world records, bringing the total to more than 50 world records previously set.
Supermicro servers are designed to support the fastest and highest core AMD EPYC 9004 series processors, each with up to 96 cores and 3TB of memory per CPU. Up to 160 PCIe 5.0 lanes are available in a dual-processor system, with an additional 8 PCIe 3.0 or 4.0 lanes for less demanding peripheral connections. all 4th create AMD EPYC (Xiaolong) The processor includes a set of state-of-the-art security features to help keep data safe, whether in use, in flight, or in-store.
“Supermicro is once again leading the industry with some first-to-market new systems that provide total IT solutions based on the new AMD EPYC 9004 series processors,” said Charles Leung, President and CEO of Supermicro. “Our building block architecture gives us market leadership and enables Supermicro to deliver application-optimized servers to meet the growing needs of our customers. We are incorporating the latest technologies into a variety of form factors and platforms, including 96-core CPU, DDR5 memory, PCIe 5.0 storage, networking, accelerators and CXL 1.1+ peripherals. Designed for the highest TDP CPUs, our highly configurable systems are liquid-cooled for dramatically improved performance per watt, tailored to our customers’ specific requirements Customizable, with a reduced total cost of ownership. Our high-performance GPU servers are ideal for AI applications, supporting NVIDIA H100 Tensor Core GPUs, making them ideal for Metaverse-type applications.”
The new Supermicro server lineup includes the following:
- GrandTwin™ – Supermicro GrandTwin is the latest multi-node architecture solution with font and backside I/O, designed for maximum density, designed for single processor performance per node on the latest AMD EPYC 9004 series processors, and Contains 12 DIMM slots. The flexible modular design is optimized for a wide range of applications, and front-end I/O options are fully accessible from the cold aisle, simplifying installation and serving space-constrained environments.
- cloud data center – Supermicro CloudDC servers are single-processor systems optimized for I/O flexibility and 12 DIMM slots for many cloud-centric applications. Provides easy serviceability with tool-less brackets, hot-swap drive trays, and redundant power supplies for rapid deployment and efficient maintenance in the data center. They are designed for cost-effective service delivery in cloud computing, including web hosting, email services, public and private cloud computing, and content delivery networks.
- overtake – Supermicro Hyper solutions are enterprise-centric servers with versatility and performance. The high-performance design of dual processors and 12-channel 24 DIMMs is optimized to support the highest TDP and provide flexible compute, networking, storage and I/O expansion capabilities.
- 4U GPU Server – The Supermicro 4U GPU server is a 4U dual-processor system that supports up to 10 FHFL double-width PCIe GPU cards, including the latest AMD Instinct™ MI200 series and NVIDIA H100 GPUs. The 4U GPU-optimized system provides maximum acceleration, flexibility and balance for AI, deep learning and HPC applications and includes 24 DIMMs.
- 8U GPU Server – The Supermicro 8U general purpose GPU server is a next-generation machine learning platform with 8 NVIDIA HGX H100 accelerators and dual processors and 24 DIMMs. Flexible configuration, dual-zone cooling, and end-to-end non-blocking bandwidth of the GPU provide the highest utilization and lowest TCO and training cycles.
“Based on 3rd create AMD EPYC (Xiaolong) processor, latest 4th create AMD EPYC (Xiaolong) Processors help our customers achieve better business outcomes faster and achieve their most ambitious energy efficiency goals. “Our new “Zen 4″ architecture is optimized for modern workloads and delivers the core density, memory bandwidth and sophisticated security features our customers demand,” said Ram Peddibhotla, corporate vice president of product management at AMD EPYC.
“Astera Labs is working with Supermicro to make CXL a reality in data-centric platforms and address performance and TCO challenges in memory-intensive workloads,” said Jitendra Mohan, CEO, Astera Labs. “We look forward to delivering industry-leading solutions by leveraging our Leo memory connectivity platform and 4th generation Supermicro AMD EPYC (Xiaolong) The processor unlocks cloud server performance through CXL technology. “
Supermicro will also offer multiple Supermicro servers, including 4th create AMD EPYC™ 9004 series processors through their popular JumpStart program. Customers can apply for access by: www.supermicro.com/jumpstart/h13.
To learn more about Supermicro solutions powered by AMD processors, visit www.supermicro.com/aplus
Supermicro (NASDAQ: SMCI) is a global leader in application-optimized total IT solutions.Founded and operated in San Jose, California, Supermicro is committed to delivering market innovations for enterprise, cloud, artificial intelligence and 5G telecom/edge IT infrastructure. We are transforming into a total IT solutions provider offering server, artificial intelligence, storage, IoT and switching systems, software and services, along with advanced high-capacity motherboards, power supplies and chassis products. Products are designed and manufactured in-house (in the United States, Taiwanand Dutch), leverage global operations to increase scale and efficiency, and optimize to improve TCO and reduce environmental impact (green computing). The award-winning Server Building Block Solutions® portfolio allows customers to optimize for their exact workloads and applications by choosing from our extensive line of systems built from flexible and reusable building blocks that support Comprehensive form factor, processor, memory, GPU, storage, networking, power and cooling solutions (air conditioning, free air or liquid cooling).
Supermicro, Server Building Block Solutions and We Keep IT Green are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Super Micro Computer, Inc.
All brands, names and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, EPYC, and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Other names are for informational purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners.
SOURCESuper Micro Computer, Inc.