Affiliate marketing is expected to reach $8.2 billion by the end of 2022, and as many as 80% of brands are likely to use affiliate marketing campaigns this year. Driving this growth is the twin forces of e-commerce and messaging, with both DCB and RCS set to have a huge impact.
The link between affiliate marketing, DCB and messaging will be a big part of e-commerce in 2022 and will be behind much of the growth in affiliate marketing and across remote media in the coming months.
Rich messaging is key to creating this growth. RCS offers businesses A powerful tool for engaging consumers (see page 4) and being able to send messages on demand – no 160 character limit here – and include GIFs, videos, and more.Not only does this make the message
It looks more attractive, but it also makes them actionable.
This is where DCB comes in. Adding carrier billing to RCS marketing messages provides affiliates with the opportunity to create messages that not only have interesting graphic content, but can be monetized directly and quickly by adding payment to the message.
The concept has been proven in the UK, where mGage has partnered with charity Oxfam to create monetizable RCS messages for illegal donations.
Monetizing affiliate marketing messages is part of a broader effort to create an ecosystem around message enrichment and operator billing, and it has opened up huge opportunities in developing markets.
“DCB is already leading in markets where market dynamics show micro-repeat transactions, mobile transaction spending is higher than POS devices, digital wallets are favored for redemption and loyalty programs, and telcos are direct beneficiaries of mobile devices. Financial Ecosystem ,” said Arun Mathew, Vice President of Business Development at Cookies Digital.
While affiliate marketing is clearly here to stay, it will also grow in developed markets. “One way this evolution is that we see the emergence of an industry-wide international market focused on the mVAS market,” said Igor Kholin, co-founder of Golden Goose. “The main advantage of such a market would be its global reach. Power, it allows you to get the traffic from any content in the world here and now. We have been developing such a market based on our CPA platform for several years.”
Rules, Regulations and Trust
However, there are some potential headwinds that could slow the growth of rich messaging-based affiliate marketing.
“In the short term, affiliate marketing will continue to be the dominant force in remote media propositions, but the longevity of this acquisition channel will only happen if enablers demonstrate caution and restraint and employ techniques that protect the user experience,” Cookies said’ Matthew. “The onboarding journey is just as important when partners and operators deliver the DCB payment experience, and affiliate marketing has yet to come together to deliver a seamless, error-free experience for consumers.”
Mathew also sees trust as a key issue in making this happen. “As operator billing services become increasingly important in the consumer buying process, ‘trust’ has become a valuable asset and will soon be the ‘currency’ of enablers looking to join the DCB bandwagon, “He says. “Trust has to go beyond the operator, the content provider, until the consumer buys it.”
Top Trends in Affiliate Marketing for 2022
What services are affiliate marketers looking to target in 2022?
• Live Streaming and Video – Live shopping and video marketing are on the rise. Twitch and YouTube are major venues for retailers and brands to stream live, and TikTok is emerging as a major sales channel for brands looking to sell using short-form videos. Both are places where affiliates are turning to grab consumers’ attention.
• Micro-Influencers – Video is increasingly being used by micro and even nano-influencers, these are a lucrative long tail for affiliates as they attract a very dedicated and loyal audience
• Co-marketing – More affiliates will create co-branding and co-marketing partnerships to leverage these micro and nano influencers and collaborate to capture the right niche for their advertising.
• Crypto – Cryptocurrencies are becoming more mainstream and have led to a large number of crypto affiliate networks entering this interesting space early.
• Markets – The rise of the mVAS market will also shake up the alliance space. Services such as Golden Goose’s DCB HUB will create an ecosystem of mVAS-DCB services that affiliates can leverage.
fbq( “init”, 175751973056306 );