Handicap International/Humanity & Inclusion (HI) is an independent and impartial international solidarity organization that intervenes in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. It works with disabled and vulnerable groups to meet their basic needs through action and voice, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights. More information: www.hi.org
HI is committed to developing employment policies that benefit people with disabilities.
HI’s Middle East Regional Program (MEREP) coordinates missions in 4 different countries (Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon and Palestine). The plan covers the full range of HI’s missions – emergencies, mine action and development, with a focus on continuity and resilience. The program is expected to total €11 million by 2022, with 200 employees and 60 volunteers.
There are 5 main sectors of intervention: Health, Education, BaNEREI (Basic Needs, Economic Recovery and Economic Inclusion) and Armed Violence Reduction. Most projects are implemented through local partners and local service providers.
The MEREP program is currently implementing various BaNEREI project interventions in Jordan, Egypt, and Palestine-Gaza, and is seeking to resume interventions in the Palestine-West Bank and begin interventions in Lebanon. Future interventions will focus on the economic inclusion of persons with disabilities.
This position will support the BaNEREI (Basic Needs, Economic Recovery and Economic Inclusion) Intervention Unit in 4 MEREP countries, with a focus on developing a portfolio of projects aimed at supporting the economic inclusion of persons with disabilities and/or providing technical support to benefit in disability-inclusive employment Stakeholders provide assistance. The position may also entail technical coordination of multi-country projects within MEREP.
Task 1: Strategy Development
- Contribute to the economic inclusion pillar of the HI program’s overall strategic plan
- Lead the definition of the HI Program’s Economic Inclusion Technology Strategy and support the Operations Team in its implementation;
Task 2: Technical Support
- Ensure that technical support for projects complies with global technical frameworks and standards for economic inclusion
- Make sure you learn the technology from the project
- Ensure control and monitoring of technical quality and relevance of HI activities in economic inclusion activity programs
Task 3: Research and Analysis
- Working closely with the Operations Director, Information Manager and Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Manager, regularly analyze program data and external secondary data on economic needs and interventions;
- Contribute to the development of research and innovation projects at national and regional levels in contexts relevant to economic inclusion
Task 4: Coordination and representation
- Liaise with livelihood actors and other line ministries and participate in different forums to advocate for policy change
- Represent HI in relevant coordination meetings with livelihood actors (International NGOs, National NGOs and Humanitarian Coordination);
- Support country managers and program managers to represent donors/participants in the economic inclusion sector when needed;
Task 5: Business Development
- Active participation in the technical details of project development in the field of economic inclusion
- Securing the development of major opportunities or new projects in the area within the scope of his department
- You hold a bachelor’s degree (preferably a master’s) in a related field, eg economics, development aid, public policy.
- You have at least 5 years of project manager and/or technical specialist experience in projects related to livelihoods and economic inclusion in development and protracted crisis contexts.
- You have at least 3 years of experience as a technology specialist or in a disability-inclusive technology consulting role.
- You have advanced skills in strategic design, project design, proposal writing in English
- You are known for your ability to develop guidelines and SOPs as well as design and deliver technical training.
Despite the varying conflicts affecting the Middle East, Jordan is reasonably safe. The position is based in HI’s shared office in Amman (accommodating the Jordan operations team, Middle East project regional office and Syria project coordination team).
Travel and living conditions were comfortable during visits to Lebanon, Palestine and Egypt. The security situation in the areas where HI operates in Egypt is very stable. The security situation in Lebanon and Palestine is relatively unstable due to a worsening socio-economic crisis and rising crime rates, due to sporadic armed confrontations in the Gaza Strip and violent demonstrations and clashes in Jerusalem and the West Bank.
At HI, the terms on offer depend on your commitment and are tailored to the context of your assignment. https://hi.org/en/join-the-team
- 3-year international contract starting 18 February 2022
- International contracts provide social security that suits your situation:
- Unemployment Insurance Benefits for EU Nationals
- A pension plan suitable for our employees: If you already have a personal pension plan, HI will contribute at the same level as your personal monthly contribution, up to 272.53 EUR/month; if you do not have a personal pension plan, we will Open a private pension account with your monthly contribution of €272.53 and the equivalent HI contribution
- 50% of employee contribution medical insurance
- Repatriation insurance paid by HI
- Salary from 2 760 € gross/month based on experience
- Perdiem: 735,01 € net/month – payable on site
- Paid vacation: 25 days per year;
- R&R: According to the task level: 1 day/
- Payment of travel expenses (air tickets and visa) and transportation of personal effects (from 12 months onwards on assignment)
- Missions longer than 12 months: a monthly child allowance of 100 EUR per child (starting with the second child) paid on site
- Open to couples (starting with a 3-month assignment)
- Support for traveling costs (airfare and visa) and health/repatriation insurance for accompanying dependents if the dependent has no income/
- Business trips longer than 18 months: pay an additional return airfare per year
- Open to families (over 12 months): family package, child allowance of €100 per month per child (starting with the second child) paid on site
- Pay school registration fees for children over 3 years old
- whole family health coverage
- Payment of travel expenses (airfare and visa) and transportation of your personal belongings
- Housing: HI responsible individual
If you are a domestic resident: local package
how to apply
Resumes and cover letters can only be added online via the link below:
Applications are being processed on an ongoing basis, don’t wait to apply!
Only successful candidates will be contacted.