Wednesday, September 14, 2022
NBC SPORTS Unveils “Chasing Gold: Paris 2024” Monthly Olympics Program This Sunday on NBC
Monthly weekend programming will immerse viewers in the world of Olympic and Paralympic athletes on the road to the Paris Olympics
Show premieres this Sunday on NBC; Encores on Peacock and NBC Sports digital platforms
The inaugural episode features Mike Tirico looking ahead to Paris 2024, Maria Taylor’s interview with Noah Lyles, highlights from this summer’s World Championships and more
Stamford, Connecticut. – September 14, 2022 – Ahead of the 2024 Paris Olympics and Paralympics, NBC Sports is creating a new monthly show — Chasing Gold: Paris 2024 – This will immerse spectators in the world of Olympic and Paralympic athletes as they prepare for the next Summer Olympics. The first hour-long episode will air on NBC on Sunday, September 18 at 2:30pm ET.
Chasing Gold: Paris 2024 Combining enhanced and captivating game appearances with powerful storytelling, showcases world-class athletes pursuing their Olympic and Paralympic dreams in the years and months leading up to the Games.Hosted by NBC Sports commentators, including Mike Tirico and Maria Taylor, Chasing Gold: Paris 2024 It will also spotlight the wonders of the host city and celebrate the history of the Olympic and Paralympic Games in new ways.
“As we look ahead to the 2024 Paris Olympics – which promises to be one of the most spectacular in recent memory – we want to connect audiences with these amazing athletes and their journeys throughout the year,” said Molly Solomon, Executive Producer, NBC Olympics and Paralympics. “Not only will the 2024 Olympics feature Paris’ iconic backdrop, with venues in some of the city’s most recognizable locations, but the stadiums will once again be packed with passionate fans from around the world cheering on their heroes. chasing gold This is yet another way we are delivering on our strong commitment to reporting on Olympic and Paralympic athletes and stories. “
A day after it aired on the NBC broadcast network, Chasing Gold: Paris 2024 It will be available to watch on Peacock, with short and long versions of the show also available on NBC Sports digital and social platforms.
The first episode includes:
- Mike Tirico previews upcoming events for the Paris 2024 Olympics, including the stunning opening ceremony expected to take place along the Seine River, the Olympic debut, and a surf break 10,000 miles from the city of Tahiti. Watch a clip here;
- Maria Taylor interviews defending 200 million world champion Noah Lyles About breaking Michael Johnson U.S. record at the World Athletics Championships earlier this year, Johnson joined the interview as a surprise guest;
- rowdy gaines Looking back at this summer’s World Swimming Championships, Team USA won 45 medals, including Caeleb Dressel’s victory in the 50m butterfly;
- 17 year old highlights Conor McLean Won her first gymnastics title at the U.S. Championships this summer, Sydney McLaughlin World Athletics Championships 400-meter hurdles world record;
- Paralympic Summer Events Including Massachusetts Liane Smith won seven gold medals at the World Para Swimming Championships, Oksana Masters She left the world championships with two cycling gold medals less than six months after winning seven Paralympic medals in Beijing, making her the most decorated U.S. Winter Paralympian ever.
The 33rd Olympic Games will be held in Paris, France from July 26 to August 11, 2024, the 17thth The Summer Paralympics are scheduled for August 28-September. August 8, 2024. Paris won the 2017 Summer Olympics while Los Angeles won the 2028 Olympics. Milan-Cortina, Italy, will host the 2026 Winter Olympics, and Brisbane, Australia, will host the 2032 Summer Olympics. The organizers of the 2030 Winter Olympics are expected to be announced in 2023.
– Paris 2024 –