One of the main drivers of the digital economy is cloud computing. Cloud computing is the availability of storage, databases, servers and network infrastructure on the Internet. It would be unwise to isolate its role in innovating and growing the modern workplace, where the bulk of the workforce is remote.
Before 2019, remote work wasn’t really a traditional term. In fact, most organizations only adopt it when needed or when their employees are located in different regions. Still, most job roles don’t have remote work options. Counting down to 2022, remote work is not only an option, but a necessity for expanding growth and innovation more frequently.
Cloud computing enables excellent connectivity in remote workspaces through features such as video conferencing, virtual shared workspaces, messaging, virtual private networks, and cloud storage, which helps remote teams grow.
Industry cloud platform
Industry cloud platforms utilize web-based computing to provide IT resources such as storage, databases, computing, analytics, machine learning, human resources, artificial intelligence, developer tools, IoT, security, enterprise applications, blockchain, virtual machines , network solutions and other resources. Their services are used for web and mobile application development, website hosting, media and gaming, hosting services, e-commerce, virtual meetings, online shared workspaces, and plenty of other availability.
Cloud platforms provide businesses, government agencies and individuals with on-demand tools, infrastructure and services to build, deploy, store and scale their applications and databases. These services are divided into:
Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Talent Cloud.
- This Talent Cloud Use artificial intelligence to manage, vet and source global talent. It’s a new category of cloud models that can be thought of as Amazon, but for remote talent.One of the leading companies in this category is Jonathan Siddharth’s Turing It can help companies launch their developer/engineering dream team at the touch of a button.Other companies in this category include Jyve for retail employees, Flockjay for sales, PR for marketing talentand many more.
- inside IaaS model, Cloud platforms provide infrastructure services such as servers, storage, and virtualization layers that would otherwise exist in on-premises data centers. In addition to this, cloud platforms add the benefits of innovative services such as monitoring, automation, security, and storage resiliency, which makes cloud computing more popular.
- exist Software as a Service, the cloud platform provides productivity and business software to its customers over the Internet by direct purchase or lease. This software includes but is not limited to database management software, customer relationship management software, and human resource management software.
- In addition to providing infrastructure services such as IaaS providers, Platform as a Service (PaaS) Providers provide cloud services required for software and web development.
The Importance of Cloud Platform Services in Remote Team Development
The development of cloud platforms is aimed at providing services that contribute to innovative and sustainable remote workspaces. The services they provide enable businesses to scale, grow and experience high productivity in volatile economies and global realities. The importance of these services includes, but is not limited to:
- Enhanced Security: Cloud storage provides maximum data security, protects data privacy from intruders, and provides full control over sensitive information. This is because cloud platforms are built with a higher level of cybersecurity. Cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Azure give users the freedom to enforce specific security measures, such as encrypting data and setting data permissions. Hacking and security breaches by team members invariably expose the organization’s private data to third parties with less incidence.
- Faster hiring: Using cloud computing services such as Talent Cloud can increase the speed of recruiting. According to an intelligent cloud company like Turing, using Talent Cloud Recruiting can reduce recruitment time to 1-2 days and save up to 50 hours of interview time.
- Highly flexible scalability: Cloud platform services such as servers and storage create room for high scalability in remote workspaces. Company management can easily scale cloud resources to accommodate the influx of new employees, increasing productivity. The elasticity of the cloud makes it easier for organizations to turn their computing capacity on or off at any time to meet peak demands on workloads, business demands, and other changes in the organization.
- Access data on demand: In the absence of cloud platform services in remote workspaces, data flow between team members can only take place during official business hours. Outside of this window, it is difficult to access data on other team members’ storage facilities. Using cloud platform services in remote teams gives everyone on the team real-time, 24/7 access to each team member’s data, information, and work progress. This greatly reduces the time team members spend reporting their progress to the team leader.
- Seamless transitions and continuity: In an environment where team members work across different shifts across different time zones, using cloud platform services such as Fusion 360 can help team members on each shift seamlessly catch up to the work rhythm and progress of previous team members. In this case, the downtime experience of waiting for feedback from team members or monitoring emails for answers to questions is eliminated because multiple collaborators can access them as they happen; speeding up the development process. The cloud platform also eliminates the fear of losing work and multiple delays in data, ensuring seamless workflow and smooth continuity.
- Speed and Agility: Provision data and resources in a cloud environment with just a few clicks. As a result, team members can reduce the time that this data is available to each other from days to minutes. The availability of this data reduces downtime, endless meetings and longer debriefing times. It provides enough working hours for remote workers to make high-quality delivery. However, this requires team leaders to require all team members to have solid documentation of their work.
- Emergency Data Retrieval: In an emergency, companies whose data and information are stored on local servers can only retrieve the same data and information during business hours. This limits the company’s ability to respond quickly to emergencies and urgent work needs. However, in a remote workspace with cloud storage, data can be retrieved immediately to respond to emergencies or provide solutions for urgent needs.
- cost management: To stay financially afloat, companies go beyond just making profits, chasing contracts and business deals. It is also relevant to keep operating costs as low as possible. It’s no secret that hardware procurement, operations, and maintenance account for a large portion of a company’s budget. Using cloud platform services reduces administrative costs, so companies can use surplus funds to acquire top remote talent for increased productivity.
- Real-time infrastructure usage, performance tracking and reporting: This increases accountability and productivity, as team leaders can keep abreast of what’s going on in the team without having to ask questions and hold meetings and briefings.
The modern workplace is evolving into a remote village. Companies are now taking a strategic approach to gain a competitive advantage over other players in the market. Cloud platforms are key players in creating value for remote companies, increasing productivity within organizational layers by providing relevant industry solutions. These solutions make collaboration between remote team members easy and adaptable. The rapid growth in team performance can be cracked by leveraging the excellent cloud-based collaboration tools provided by cloud platforms.
. . . Notes & more!